- 11-Apr-2014 to 19-May-2014 (PST)
- Division 8
- Port Hueneme, CA, USA
- Full Time
Job Requisition Number: 20140324L
Job Title: Public Relations Specialist (Writer)
Salary Range: Negotiable
Work Location: Port Hueneme, CA
Relocation Assistance: No
Employment Type: Full Time; Direct, unfunded,
Security Clearance: Secret
Posted Date: 24 March 2014 Closing Date: When Filled
Mandatory Skill Requirements (must have):
• Clear and effective oral/written communication skills in the English language.
• Security Clearance is required.
• 3-5 years or more experience as a technical writer or public affairs specialist
• Writers will be required to incorporate specific Navy messaging into final products which may include a leadership blog, speeches, a monthly Commander's article and biographies.
• Other writing assignments involve producing text for public website, naval correspondence, and copy for narration of videos as well as video scripts.
• Writers will have experience with media relations and be able to craft press releases and stories to cover events that will appear in trade magazines and journals.
• Writers must have the ability to produce content on technical facilities and events that will be published in command brochures, email announcements to the workforce and social media venues.
• All Command Communication Office personnel must be thoroughly familiar and proficient in the use of commercial software packages such as Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PhotoShop, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to correspond effectively in email, over the phone and in person to all levels of personnel.
• All contractor personnel supporting the Command Communication Office must be able to provide set up and tear down support for the various special events as needed, regardless of their specialty area. Some lifting is required (up to 50 lbs).
• Will be required to climb and descend shipboard ladders.
Desired Skill Requirements:
• Previous DoD Public Relations experience.
• Working knowledge of the internet with ability to navigate, locate, download information, and utilize on-line websites for data entry and data upload.
• The Contractor shall plan the content, schedule, design, research, layout, and write stories and coordinate the publication of news and technical articles in an electronic format. This
Includes preparing Commander and Technical Director monthly articles for their review and approval.
This includes preparing Commander and Technical Director monthly articles for their review and approval.
• The Contractor shall research and prepare submission to annual publications and "NAVSEA On Watch".
• The Contractor shall prepare Annual Command Operations Report for NSWC PHD and each of its detachments and submit reports to Navy Historical Center.
• The Contractor shall prepare special edition Command Anniversary publication for five year anniversaries.
• The Contractor shall develop and execute plans for media relations and support related to external media, including submission to various local and Navy newspapers and publications.
• The Contractor shall review local Command public affairs news, plans, procedures, strategies and issues, and report findings. Review Navy Playbook and NAVSEA Game Plan and other strategic public affairs guidance for incorporation of messages info PHD publications, events, and leadership communication.
• For ship visits at NSWC PHD, the Contractor shall plan and coordinate protocol aspects of ship visits.
• The Contractor shall develop and submit for approval plans for executing community relations and community relations events. Duties include developing agenda, invitation list, invitation design, flyers and announcements, welcome and thank you letters, VIP Packages, maps, marquee announcements, photography, and set up and clean-up for working lunches. Maintain master Command Invitation List.
BA or BS Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related public relations field from an accredited college or university.
Some travel may be required to sites located in the continental United States.
Apply for position online at http://industechnology.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
An unfunded job requisition is a solicitation for a contract that we are currently bidding on.
Hiring contingent upon INDUS being awarded the contract.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!